Thursday 24 August 2017

MY POST SUMMER VOWS



Pearl Loafers - c/o Laundry B  | Bucket bag - Zara  | White Denim Culottes - Zara (similar) | Celine Caty Sunglasses - Sunglasses Shop
 
 
Summer is always so full of plans, for me it is the season. This Summer more so than any I've ever had... but I'll share that with you at the end of Summer. Which is not yet...take note Sainsbury's with your boxes of Roses at the front of your store & Tesco with your Christmas cards already out. Too soon for even the biggest Christmas lover, which is me. So the last few nights I've been laying in bed, not being able to sleep because its been super muggy, having a think. Thinking about plans I want to make post Summer, things I want to do or things I want to have...
 
Buy the perfect trench coat
Something I've meant to invest in for the last couple of years but haven't got round to or haven't quite found the right one. It's the ultimate transitional piece & something my wardrobe is screaming out for. 'The one' is currently stashed away safely (I hope) in my Asos saved list & will be working its way into my warm bosom as my Birthday present to myself next week. I'll share my new pal with you when it arrives. Obvs.
 
Date
Now, this is a relatively normal thing for a single person in their 20's to be doing, you might think, so the next sentence might come as somewhat of a shock. I have never been on a date. Ever. How sad it that at the ripe old age of 27? (28 next week). Most people my age are getting married, having babies & buying their first house. Not me. I'm busy drinking too many Gin & Tonics at the weekend, styling my dogs hair & worrying about when my next Asos voucher will come through. However, the actual reason I've never been on a date is because I was with the same person for 8 years and before that, I was drinking Stella Artois in a field & trying to catch the eye of someone I'd fancied (loved) since the age of 16. So all in all, not great. As much as I'm enjoying single life, the new series of Luther starts in November 2018, so I really need to find 'The One' by then. This means biting the bullet and dating. Which is not ideal when you're out of practice & generally awkward. I'll keep you posted so you can have a good laugh though. At least one of us with benefit from the horrific experience that lays ahead.  
 
Join the gym
Leading on from the last point, I read last week that the gym is the best place to meet someone. Now, I've only ever been to an all female gym, I used to work there for 4 years in fact. So I've clearly been missing a trick... unless hairdresser & divorcee, Susan, 46,  is actually the love of my life. So I'm going to join a new gym. Aside from squatting in Eric Prydz style clothing with a full face of make up, I actually will work out. I haven't been to the gym in a good couple of years but when I used to work there & go all the time I loved it. I think it would make me feel a lot better about myself. Lets by honest, your gals not getting any younger & the ol' bum isn't going to tone itself.
 
Keep travelling
Easier said than done when you only get 5 weeks holiday a year, but I'll make it work. I've always been one of those people that is quite content in the comfort of my home, mostly because I hate flying, like I mentioned in my last post. I also hate boats and generally anything where my feet aren't on the ground for that matter. Although saying that, I am partial to the odd peddlow. This summer though I've got out & about a lot more than normal and it's been God damn fabulous. I'm off to Ibiza next week and then I'm going to visit my friend & Godson in Scotland in the Winter, both are places I've never been before. I'd also love to go to Iceland & Croatia next year. I cant wait to make more plans and explore the world a bit more.
 
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig