Wednesday 18 October 2017

MY BARE MINERALS EXPERIENCE

 
So, sorry for the lack of posting of late. I've been poorly & in a general all round pickle (my Dad has always called me Pickle from when I was born, I swear he must have had a premonition... because I've been getting myself in pickles ever since!). Although, the upside of not posting for a while is that this post actually follows on really nicely from the last one about discovering my Bare Minerals BarePro foundation. I said I'd share with you the rest of the products from my face chart, so here I am, keeping my word. I really would recommend anyone who feels like they're stuck in a bit of a beauty rut to go in and have a chart done. It means everything can be tailored to your skin and what you like, rather than reading reviews of people who probably have a completely different complexion to you or just picking things off the shelf. I think its best to go in and get your base all sorted out, like I have, then I'll definitely go back and ask for a bit of help with my eye make up to. I've only in the last few months given up on liquid eyeliner & the ol' cat eye flick, which I've been doing for about the last 45 years, so it would be good to get some advice on where to go next with my eye make up. Although I really love make up, I'm not very clued up, so I found it super helpful to sit & have chat with the lovely Victoria from my local store about skincare & my base. But enough of my gushing about Victoria, who I've now mentioned in 2 separate blog posts & she probably cant even remember my name. Obsessed much. (Sorry Vic... that's what I call her now). Lets get down to business with my brand spanking new Bare Minerals Routine...
 
 
 
SKINLONGEVITY
 
See this is a prime example of why I like to go and get help with my routine, this is something I would never have picked out myself, mostly because I wouldn't have had a bloody clue what to do with it. When do I put it on? How much do I put on? Can I eat it? The answer is put it on first before any make up & primer, a tiny bit goes a long way & no, don't eat it. It's basically just what I was after at the moment, but didn't know it. I've just turned 28, so your gal is no spring chicken anymore, and I feel like I need a bit of a helping hand with my skin now. Mostly to safeguard it more than anything. This serum will do just that. It's purpose is to "empower your skin to look healthier & younger" by replenishing the minerals that your skin naturally looses. The leaflet it comes with explains everything and uses words like 'radiant', 'luminosity' & 'glowy' & I can 100% say it delivers in all these areas. Aside from all the facts of what it does & how it works, one of my favourite things about it is how refreshing and light it is. Who doesn't bloody love smoothing a cool, silky serum over their face first thing in the morning. Especially with these god awful dark mornings now, it helps to make me feel a bit more human and a bit less troll.
 
 

 
 
 
PRIMER
 
Now, I am a right Fussy Fiona when it comes to primers. I think it might be the thing I'm most picky about. There is nothing worse than wearing something that is the very base of your make up all day long & that feels horrible. I'd go as far as to say it ruins my day if I happen to try a bad one. The sort I really don't like are the thick waxy ones, think Benefit Porefessional. I realise this is not because its a bad primer & a lot of people swill wear by it, but it is absolutely not for me. I did mention this to our Vic as soon as she said the P word. By mention, I think I strongly stressed it. By Strongly, I think I shouted. Either way, she got exactly where I was coming from & knew just the consistency of primer I was after. Queue Prime Time Primer. Now, when I say this feels like I'm coating my face in a thin layer of velveteen, I am not lying. It is just divine. Light, silky & has a slight tint to it, so if you're going for a no make up day but want a little sumin sumin you can pop a bit of this on. & you're good to go. Again, its mineral infused, so is good for your skin & it helps to reduce fine lines, pores & excess oil. It's also designed to be good for flaky skin if you ever get dry patches, which some primer can be awful for. As with all my Bare Minerals products, it gives you a nice healthy glow as well. It's got really miniscule sparkles in (I mean really diddy... you're not going to look like you're off to V Festival) which makes you look fresh & dewy. The perfect make up base... & coming from the harshest primer critic ever, that is one hell of a complement.
 
 
 
 
 
 
CONCEALER
 
Now obviously I put my BarePro Foundation on before my concealer, but considering I've dedicated a whole post to how obsessed with it I am, I don't think we need to go over my infatuation with it again. When my foundation is all applied, I go in with my BareSkin Complete Coverage Concealer. I just use the dabber under my eyes in a V shape, along my nose and between my brows, then I go in with my damp beauty blender. That's another thing worth mentioning, I personally use a brush for my foundation but all these products work equally as well with a beauty blender, I think it even gives the concealer a smoother finish, which is super handy cause they're so quick and easy to use. This particular concealer has really good coverage, without being cakey, which is just what I wanted. I always find its really hard to get a good balance between the two, especially when you're not a fresh faced 18 year old anymore & you're a bit more conscious of it settling in any fine lines. So I'd absolutely say this little tube of magic is well worth the money when it comes to quality. It also stays put literally all day long to... & I've worked a long, sweaty 11 hour day running up and downstairs & dealing with angry customers with it on. If that's not a good test, I don't know what is.
 

 
 
 
BRONZER
 
I'll admit it, bronzer is always something I thought I could get away with buying cheap & scrimping on. What can go wrong? I thought. What can really be the difference between a £2.99 cheapy brand in boots & a 35 odd quid Chanel one? Surely its just the packaging? How can two brown tinted powders be much different? I WAS WRONG. I knew I was wrong as soon as applied this £25 Invisible Bronze Powder. It's hard to explain the difference without you putting it on yourself, but all I can really say is it glides. That's not down to the brush either, I used the same brush I always use with it. Don't ask me how it works, but it does. It is an 'ultra fine' powder, which might be the reason. Maybe the particles are a lot smaller & finer than a regular cheaper power, meaning it spreads out more evenly and goes on smoother. The only other thing I would say, is I have found some bronzers in the past a bit muddy. You know when you end up looking a bit like you've been grubbing about in the garden rather than having a 2 week holiday in the Maldives? We all want the latter & I promise you will get it with this bronzer.
 
 
 
 
POWDER
 
I could not live without my powder & along with my foundation its the one thing I am willing to spend more on. I carry it around everywhere & just feel like its the cherry on the top of my make up. It's also the other thing I'm really picky about being matched up with. The thought that I used to go in to Boots, rub a bit of Maybelline Stay Matte powder on my hand & think "Yep that shade will do" sends a little shiver down my spine. It's so important to get the right shade, especially because you've just gone to all the effort of applying your primer, foundation & concealer. You want to finish it off flawlessly. My gal Vicky sorted me out with this one & it's a dream. I used to do a few quick sweeps over my face during the day to take the shine off, but the combination of this & my foundation means that sometimes I don't even have to touch it up at all. Every girls dream am I right?
 
 
 
 
 
You can thank me later for all this, I got your back.
 
x
 
 
 
 
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig