Tuesday 28 March 2017

WEARING WHAT YOU WANT

 
 
 








 
Dr Denim @ Asos Wide Leg Trouser | Zara V Neck Tshirt | Topshop Boots (similar) | H&M Sunglasses | Topshop Jacket (sold out)

Now lets start by saying I realise how much of a man repelling outfit this is. It's everything my boyfriend doesn't like. I could see his little face wincing when he was taking the photos, but I like it. Recently I've had a lot more "if I like it I'll wear it" attitude, something I haven't had in the past. This outfit is a prime example. I saw these trousers on the Asos new in page, I liked them and brought them instantly, without giving it much thought. It felt really good not to um & ar about it and just buy something because I liked it. Probably for a few years I've been obsessed with having a style. I'll see something I really like online or out shopping, but I wont buy it because it wont fit in with "my style". The stupid thing is, I don't even know what the jebus my style is. I'm not afraid to say I'm really easily influenced to, or I have been in the past. We all know what its like, we're scrolling through Instagram and stumble upon someone who is less human and more Goddess. We get a bit stalkery, like every photo she posts and we know every holiday and city break she's been on for the last 2 years. Embarrassing I know, but I know you're nodding right now. When I find said Goddess, I want everything she wears and in turn "my style" is actually her style. I wont buy something unless I think she or any other of my 10 Instagram crushes would wear it. What about me? What if I want to wear it? Why am I depriving myself because some other Tom Dick or Harry wouldn't wear it. I've only realised really recently that this is something I do and its something i'm going to change. I think this is the perfect time, with the seasons changing, to start a fresh and buy what ever I like... In terms of items I like, not go on some wild shopping spree and buy everything that remotely takes my fancy. It's so easy to get sucked into social media, these people aren't called "influencers" for nothing. They don't earn a full time wage by dicking about. They're professionals in inspiring us. We want to be like them and ultimately they influence our purchases. Now there's absolutely nothing wrong with this, we have been influenced by the media and magazines for a bloody long time. I think the difference is we get attached to certain people and fixated on their life and style. Whilst I still will follow all the same people and keep up with pieces they love, I am also going to make an extra effort to wear what I like.  Not what someone else likes or what I think will fit into the image I want to perceive of myself. I think it will make me happier and make shopping a lot less stressful. It's become a bit of a chore lately and that is the last thing I want shopping to be.
 
Let me know your opinions on this subject in the comments, I'd be really interested to know your thoughts.
 
x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig