Tuesday 15 October 2013

FAUX FUR.











Faux fur gilet - Topshop
Jersey jumpsuit - Asos
Beekeeper hat - Topshop 
Athena boots - Topshop
Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick 'Incandescente' - Boots 
Clutch - Pieces @ Vero Moda




Vila 



So I thought I'd show you my new faux fur gilet from Topshop, I wasn't sure which colour to get & very nearly went for the mustard, but I decided my good friend grey was the one for me.
Theres a lot of great faux fur gilets around at the moment, & to be honest it's something that I think is kind of tacky but I cannot help but love! I picked a few of my fave highstreet options out above for you.

I also thought this would be a good opportunity to give you a little insight on my beliefs when it comes to fur etc. If you have read a few of my past posts or seen my Peta advertisement you will be aware that I feel very strongly about the use of fur, & to be brutally honest I think real fur clothes are absolutely disgusting. I went to harrods last year & my friends were touching a chinchilla coat & it made me feel pysically sick. The last thing I want to do is preach, but as this is my blog & it is an issue that I really am passionate about, I thought I would share.
I am a pescatarian, which means I only eat fish. I get the question a lot about why I feel it's ok to eat fish & not other meat. My answer is always the same; in no way do I think meat eating is wrong, I understand that is is natural, but I love food & want to enjoy food. I can't enjoy eating red meat or chicken, it's not in my instinct so I choose not to do so. I also have pet chickens & would never be able to look them in the eye again if I ate a chicken! I love my feathered gal palls!
I do wear leather, but only leather that is a biproduct. I wouldn't wear lambs leather (which means no Chanel bag for me!), or any leather that has been killed for that purpose. 

Apologies for the mini essay, but I hope it has given you a better insight into my beliefs! 

Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions, i'd always be happy to answer.


x
 



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, i'm so pleased to have you as a follower :) x

      Delete
  2. Great style... You amazingly styled this faux fur jacket! xx

    ReplyDelete

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig