Monday 17 October 2016

LOAFER DILEMMAS









 
 
This week was the week that I finally decided my life could no longer continue without a pair of loafers. A simple problem to solve, you might think... but I have the narrowest feet known to man. When I was a kid at school and everyone had cool ballet pumps and those weird chunky heeled loafer things, I was stuck in a pair of special lace up Victorian looking ankle boots. To this day I can't wear anything that I'm not strapped or laced into. I just walk straight out of them. So I thought my voyage for loafers was going to be quite fruitless, and it was for a little while. I'm a really avid Asos shopper (although I hd the worse customer service from them lately, which has put me off slightly, but that's beside the point) so that was my first port of call. They arrived the next day thanks to our old pal Asos Premier, but alas they were like walking in a pair of rowing boats for me. So back they went. Queue Topshop. I had seen these 'Kendall' loafers knocking around on a few blogs, they're a tad more expensive than in other high street shops... although a lot cheaper than the Gucci ones. £358 cheaper to be precise. So on Saturday I slightly diverted from my Waitrose shop and into the warm bosom of Topshop. I tried the loafers on and it took all of 2 minutes and 3 sales assistants nodding at me for me to buy them. Now, I do love them. I do. Although I've made the classic ol' mistake of not walking up and down in the shop or my carpet in them a bit, and they feel just a tad too small. Which is weird, I'm usually a size 5 or 6 in shoes and these are a 6. I cant want a 7 surely. So for anyone thinking of investing in them, bare it in mind that they come and small. Which is a bit of a blessing for me because they fit my child like skinny feet like a glove width wise, but the toes are so narrow, and I'm sure they're shorter than a 6. I have since read this in the reviews on the website, but that's not much help to me now. As they're leather though I'll just have to hope they will stretch a bit as I wear them. Do any of you guys have them and found the same? Did they stretch?
 
I'm off of a mini holiday this week, so there wont be a post, but you can keep up to date with my goings on my instagram @helen_hird
 
x
 
 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. you're right, those loafers are such a good dupe for the gucci's! definitely have to check them out!

    whatevawears.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The loafers are a great dupe - need to get our hands on a pair asap! Love this minimal outfit <3
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig