Wednesday 27 April 2016

HANNAH BETH FINCHAM BESPOKE JACKET















 
 
 
So here it is.
The best present I have ever received. Ever. Which is probably not a wise thing to say considering I got given an engagement ring last week, but y'know... you cant compare the two!
 
This absolute beast of a jacket was made for me by the super talented & lovely Hannah Beth Fincham for my Christmas present from Josh. I've wanted one of Hannah's bespoke jackets as the minute I clapped eyes on her work, and I've been banging on about it ever since! I never dreamt I'd get my very own one though, made just for me. I remember on Christmas eve we put our presents under the tree, mine from Josh was in a little box and I text my best friend saying "My present is under the tree, it's very small, it's definitely not my jacket". Like an absolute brat. It turns out he had wrapped a selfie stick up for me and made out like it was my big present (I sound even more spoilt now, I'm not I promise). Then he told me to check the chimney because he thought he had heard someone come down there (cute). Me being the massive child I am ran over to the fireplace where sure enough there was one of Hannah's beautiful business cards stuck to it. I may or my not have shed a happy tear.
 
So the last few months Hannah and I have been throwing ideas backwards and forwards, and this beauty is the outcome. I could not be more chuffed with it. It is absolutely perfect. She has embellished all the beads by hand after we discussed what kind of colours I like/don't like. She even incorporated tiny intricate gold beads, as she knows I wear gold jewellery. What a babe. The words embroidered on the back kind of explain them self, I like being nice and I like nice people. I think we should all be nice and that's about as cryptic as it gets. I'm in love with the 80's script font that she used for the writing, the pure white against the denim is an absolute dream.
There's also a little story behind the actual jacket itself. The jackets Hannah transforms are usually vintage Levi's, but this one is Josh's Dads old Lee jacket. I asked him very nicely if he would mind my having it, which I think is the nicest touch. It's one of those amazing statement pieces that I will be able to pass on to my daughter, even better with the sentimentality.
No one in the world will have one like it and I will treasure it forever with all it's sentiment and sass!
 
If you want a bit of Hannah Beth Fincham action and can't quite stretch to a bespoke piece, she also does a range of amazing sweaters, tee's and varsity jackets on her website. I know she has other exciting things in the pipeline to, so keep your eyes peeled!
 
x
 
 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. That jacket is amaze balls! I love that it once belonged to your boy's father too, so cute!

    captaincharley.net

    ReplyDelete

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig