Monday 19 June 2017

THE BEST MEDICINE











 
 
I mentioned in my last post that I was going to share my top break up tips with you. This is, aside from listening to a lot of really cheesy independent women songs... i.e., Kelly Clarkson 'Stronger', Little Mix 'Shout Out To My Ex' & even the odd Christina Aguilera 'Fighter' if you're really feeling desperate. My number one tip though, is by far, hanging out and making plans with your gal pals. I tell you what, I never knew there was such happiness like driving along a country road with your pal in 28 degrees heat, aircon blowing in your face & Cheryl Cole "Call My Name" blaring out of the speakers. Or is it Tweedy again? Or Fernandez Vercini still? Either way, it was just what the Dr ordered. These gals have really pulled me out of some shit. In the last few weeks, we have drank way too much, ate even more, got home when its getting light and booked exciting things to look forward to. After a rare weekend off (it's like gold dust in retail) and having my oldest friend to stay all weekend, I woke up this morning feeling like I'd had the most hard core session at the gym. My abs were literally aching from laughing so hard and my arms felt like I'd been lifting giant cow bells, when in fact I'd been doing handstands and cartwheels in the garden in my bikini while she sat in the sun drinking a Corona (or 6). Whoever said laughter is the best medicine really was onto something and I can confirm, after some thorough research, that it is in fact, true. When you feel a bit shit or you feel like your world has imploded in on itself, its really easy to tuck yourself away from everything but use the excuse that you're just going to "chill out". When actually you're wrapped in a snotty duvet, covered in your own tears with unwashed hair watching Love Island and wondering why you haven't found your Kem. Don't be that girl. Say yes to things. "Do you want to go for a drink?" Yes I do. "Do you want to go to the seaside?" Yes I do. "Do you want to go on Holiday?" Yes I mother fucking do. Say yes to every opportunity that your girls want to hang out with you and I promise you, you will feel 100 times better and your little love tank will be 100% full. I have made memories recently, through saying yes, that I will never ever forgot. I'm sure there are songs, smells and quotes that will take me right back to the last few weekends and I can look at them with fond memories and a smile rather than thinking "Jesus Christ that Summer sucked". To any of my friends reading this who have spent even an hour with me, I LOVE YOU MORE THAN I LOVE RYLAN CLARKE ...(maybe)
 
x

SHARE:

1 comment

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig