Thursday 9 February 2017

FRILLS WITH LAUNDRY B













Frill Poplin Blouse  - c/o Laundry Boutique | Million Ankle Boots - Topshop |
 
 
I wouldn't say I'm really a girly girl. Don't get me wrong, I love make up, clothes, Keeping up with the Kardashians and all that jazz but I'm not into florals or typically girly shapes. When I wear florals I either feel like I'm a 50 year old mum called Sandra who lives in a country house, makes jam and has an arger. Or a boy dressing as a girl. Neither of which is a look or feeling I want to channel. I tend to dress more masculine; t-shirts, high necks, oversized knits and trousers. So my new love for frills has taken me somewhat by surprise! I'm going to a wedding in May and I've even peeled myself away from my standard maxi or structured pencil dress attire and I've been looking for a flippy tea style wrap dress. Not something that has ever really been me, I feel like 2017 could be the year my style changes quite a bit. I have been finding myself typing things like 'frills' or 'ruffles' into search bars and adding them to my saved lists, but I haven't been quite brave enough to pop them in my metaphorical basket... until I clapped eyes on this Laundry Boutique number. I think I had in mind that I wanted a crisp fabric rather than a super girly, floaty material (that might be a step to far for me yet). So this crisp cotton-esque fabric was just what I was after. It's got that fresh, chic, power dressing vibe about it. My absolute favourite thing is the silhouette it creates on the shoulders. They makes me feel sassy. As you can see by the mix of two photos, I've been wearing it a lot. It also It also comes in a gorgeous sky blue colour, and because I wear a lot of blue denim in really tempted to get that one to. I think it's a style I'll live in over the spring.
Also, in case you needed any more tempting, the lovely gals at Laundry B have given all my followers a 10% discount code. All you need to do is type HELEN10 in at the checkout. They have some amazing outerwear and leopard print boots in at the moment to that I've got my eye on, so I'd take full advantage of this code!
 
So you can expect to see me in a lot of frills and ruffles in the coming months apparently!
 
 
x
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig