Sunday 12 February 2017

TREATING YOURSELF AT VALENTINES


 
Anyone that knows me will know I buy myself a present at every possible occasion. Christmas is my main event. Every year I buy myself something I really want, wrap it up, put a tag on with a short inspirational message/congratulations to myself and pop it under the tree. My present to myself is something I put a lot of thought in to as well, I start thinking in October "hmm... what would I like this year?" I also never open it until Christmas morning, a rule than must never be broken. Is this all really strange? Either way, I don't care. I get something I really want, and what better person to treat than yourself. Does that sound selfish? I didn't mean it to. I just mean only I will know what I really want, and I think its important to treat yourself. Last year I had worked particularly hard, so I put a tag on saying "Dear Helen, well done for all your hard work this year, love from Helen"... and when I sat and peeled open the paper on Christmas morning it was so satisfying. I urge you all to buy yourself presents and I will teach my children to do the same. I mean proper present to, that you wrap up and keep for a special day. Not just going out shopping and buying shit loads all the time. Saying this, I only realised today that I have never brought myself a Valentines present. Probably because I've had a boyfriend for the past 7 years... and is buying myself a Valentines present a step to far? To be honest, I don't think it is. I'd probably do it this year if I wasn't so poor at the moment. I had a week off last week and ate, drank and shopped way to hard, but then again, I deserved that week of indulgence! Last week can be my present to myself. Although I cant wrap it up so its not quite the same.
Anyway, if I were to buy myself a Valentines present, these are some of the things that would be top of my list (besides Idris Elba). I don't know if I have a thing for green at the moment, or if I've subconsciously picked green things to match each other. I did buy a green bomber the other day though, so maybe this is my new colour of the season!
 
The moral of this post is go and buy yourself something for Valentines. I'm sure you've done something to deserve it and if anyone thinks your weird, just blame me. The original weirdo. I also understand if you think this all super strange and want to unfollow me.
 
 
x
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig