Monday 6 July 2015

HELEN HIRD ILLUSTRAIONS

 
 
 





 




 
 
Emilia Wickstead Fall 2015 | Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 | Giambattista Valli Spring 2015 | Giambattista Valli Spring 2015 | Nanette Lepore Spring 2015 | Giambattista Valli Spring 2015 | Rodebjer Spring 2015
 
 
This week is a super busy one for me, and I'm working really hard on a couple of exciting illustration projects. I don't like to neglect my blog, so thought I'd share with you a few of my more recent pieces from some of my favourite collections. As you can tell... I am a massive Giambattista Valli fan, there's something about their garments that I love illustrating. Every season they always create such beautiful silhouettes and I can never wait to paint them onto my leggy models.
I'm really not one for technology, I don't know how I manage to run my own blog half the time, so all my work is created by hand with water colour and pen. My favourite thing to do is have a make-upless day, sitting at my table for hours with my topknot on watching daytime T.V... paint brush in one hand and a coffee in the other. It's very relaxing... Until I make a massive mistake which I cant reverse with the click of a mouse. Even though I hate to admit it, sometimes I quite like the mistakes in the end. I might swear a bit at the time, but it's the little things you don't mean to do that can give the whole thing a bit more character. (I will remind myself of this tomorrow when one of my gal's eyelashes goes skew-wiff)
 
I promise you I will be back with some outfit posts next week, but I hope you've enjoyed this slightly different post and it's given you a little taster into what I do in my spare time. If you'd like to have a sneaky peak more often into what I'm painting, then you can follow me on Instagram & Facebook or you can visit my website, which is still in the process of being developed.
Equally for or any enquiries feel free to drop me an email to Helen_raggydoll@hotmail.com.
 
 
x
 
 
 
 



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. In love with your illustrations, they're gorgeous! I completely agree with on the whole working by hand, all my drawings are done by hand and it adds a personal detail I think.

    www.chloxlla.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are seriously amazing Helen! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love makeupless relaxing days as well! These illustrations are awesome!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig