Thursday 2 July 2015

ULLR & SKADE











Ullr & Skade Applique Letter Sweater | Levi Vintage Jeans | Asos Healed Sandals (silimar) | Missguided Kloe Coat
 
 
First off, how nice is this sweater? Very weather inappropriate right now, but I have always been one for layers.
I’m a sucker for a sweater with a bit of bold font to... why? I do not know, but there’s something Moschino-esque mixed with Tokyo street style which draws me in. So when I came across this Ullr & Skade appliqué jumper, I was all over it. 
Intrigued by the name and slogan plastered across my front, I read into the brand. The name itself is taken from Norse Mythology; Ullr, the God of the winter games and Skade Godess of ski hunting. The idea behind the brand is to combine Nordic beliefs with British street and urbanwear. Sad as it is admit, I was a bit of a Greek mythology geek at school, I couldn’t get enough of Jason and the arganaughts and the Minotaur. So this strikes a bit of a cord with my inner child and I love the fact that this story is the foundation for each piece, giving the garments and indentity and resulting in a casual chic look.  
The brand is ever expanding, now stocking jewellery in the form of this beaut silver embossed unity cuff & arrow pendant necklace . I spoke to Nick the brands creative director, who I have to say is not only super innovative and brimming with ideas, but an immensely nice guy. He rightfully has high hopes for Ullr & Skade. He plans to not only keep the brand small & chic stocking in independent boutiques, but also aiming to produce collections for fashion week. At the moment all the garments and accessories are unisex, but the idea is to branch off into sub brands like ULLR (mens) and SKADE (womens).
There's something really engaging about Alexander McQueen-esque about this brand, and it's definitely one to keep an eye on. To view the whole range simple visit the website right here.
 
Over & Out
x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Just found your blog and love it - had to give you a follow! We love the minimality and simplicity of the outfit that makes it so stylish and how you paired the casual look with the strappy heels :)

    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/summer-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig