Monday 26 September 2016

GETTING INTO AUTUMN WITH ASOS











 
 
I really, really am a summer baby. I live for the summer and for the sun. When I lay in the sun I swear I'm literally soaking up nutrients and droplets of happiness. When we get those first few hot sunny days of the summer and I've turned from a normal skin colour to kind of brown, I feel like Sandra Bullock when she's undergone her transformation in Miss Congeniality. I can't explain to you how much I love the sun and how much better it makes me feel. My only down side is that I completely loose my identity. I don't know who I am in the Summer and to be completely honest, I don't know how to dress. I realise for a fashion blogger that's not ideal, but it's all about being honest hey? Come July, I tend to dig out my vintage Levi shorts which I brought for about £5 on eBay 4 years ago and pair them with a vaguely appropriate top. So when the Autumn starts to draw in and I'm still holding on to my Summer tan, I'm secretly a bit pleased. Don't get me wrong, I hate waking up in the dark, coming home in the dark and being cold... but I feel like myself again when I can layer up in knitwear and coats and pop on a good pair of black boots. I click clack down the street with a purpose, like a woman who knows what she wants, rather than shuffling about in my Birkenstocks desperately looking for a sunny patch and a Pimms. 
I have invested in my winter coat quite early this year, but I got an Asos gift card for my Birthday from my lovely in laws and when I saw this bad boy I was sold. Guaranteed it was still about 21 degrees yesterday and I was trying not to get the ol' sweaty top lip when I shot this look. But lets just pretend it was one of those cold & crisp but sunny autumn days, which even I am ready for. Bring on home alone, Christmas songs & mulled wine nights with my gal pals.
 
 
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ...By Helen. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig